This blog will show the progress on the MAME arcade machine that I am building. Just a place to put updated status on this project.

Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Control Panel testing

So, we've been playing on our test control box for a few days now, and I must say that I like the Omni-Stick Prodigy "retro edition" joystick very much. The ability to quickly change from a 4-way stick for Pac Man to an 8-way stick for 1942 is really un-beatable. AND the style of the Retro edition really will fit in nicely for my Pac Man style cabinet! The stick feels a little stiff, and the throws are a little short.. but I've quickly become used to the feel of the stick.

So now, I've been working with Photoshop to create the control panel overlay design for my control panel. I started with the classic Pac Man overlay, and I've been photoshop-ing to get the layout that I want. I've got what I think will be a good layout going.. So this weekend I think that I'm going to get out the power tools and build a Mock-up of the CP. I've got some 2x4's and a half sheet of OSB laying around, so I think I can cut them out and print out my Control Panel overlay and see how it feels. I figure that it's probably a good idea to atcually play on the CP to get a REAL feel for it before I cut it for real, or spend any money on a quality print job for the overlay..

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shouldn't you be further along?

9:10 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
<bgsound src="http://a425.v8384d.c8384.g.vm.akamaistream.net/7/426/8384/3b858b51/mtvrdstr.download.akamai.com/8512/wmp/4/26204/29986_1_1_05.asf">